Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sick > Dead

Today was a day filled with fever, coughing, and deliciously swollen tonsils for myself and many peers as a lovely epidemic of strep throat, tonsillitis, and other yummy diseases ravaged the countryside. At least we Virginians weren't affected by the apparent Zombie and Raptor epidemic that struck Texas and Indiana. Instead of using my day of infectious free time to study for my two tests tomorrow, I decided to start this lovely blog! Procrastination, like many other forms of masochism, is oh so fun when correctly instituted. Hopefully this blog will be a daily thing, but I make no guarantees. But please, adoring public, don't set your hopes too high; we all remember what happened with the Twilight film. Anyways, the few moments of joy I experienced today whilst serving as the Middle Earth-like battlefield for my immunity war were discovering these info nuggets:





~TV On the Radio is performing on Saturday Night Live this Saturday, 2/7/2008. I just love this band. I listened to them after Rolling Stone put them as #1 on their Top 50 Albums of 2008, and I subsequently fell in love, downloading Dear Science, Return to Cookie Mountain and every other track I could get my hands on.

~Valentine's Day is only 10 days away, which is normally depressing. Then I saw these online and I realized I am one of few sane women that I know my age:







~Obama voted to move the Analog to Digital television transmission transition (that's a tongue twister) to June 12th instead of February 17th. Which means that since my lazy behind refused to send in a form for a converter box rebate I would have had to buy one myself within a couple weeks. But since I'm moving in May anyways, now I don't have to buy one before June, if at all. Thanks Obama! It almost makes me wish I had voted for you (or anyone for that matter). To celebrate, I got an official Obamanicure. Et, voila:





Cute, right?




~Have you heard about Christian Bale's meltdown on the set of Terminator: Salvation yet? If not, you must listen to it (Note: It is not safe for work, and is *extremely* foul language-filled. Please don't listen to it if R-Rated language offends you). I have never been so offended on behalf of someone else, namely the director of photography… or so amused. My favorite line is "Seriously man, me and you, we're effin' done professionally." That in itself is very entertaining for a Batman fan like me. Then today I was introduced to the Techno Remix. It's so danceably divaliscious. I can't decide whether I hate him or want to marry him. Meanwhile, don't you just love hearing his Welsh accent coming out?




So, folks, this is all I can offer you tonight, but fret not. More awkwardness, randomosity, quirkiness, and mirth is to come. As a final piece of entertainment for tonight, though, feast your eyes on this.


No comments:

Post a Comment